"The public will find it galling that the man who has forced up their bills hasn’t had to pay it himself," said Ms Spelman.
Exeter pensioner Sylvia Hardy, who was jailed for failing to pay her council tax, said she was "staggered" by the news about Mr Prescott.
"There always seems to be one law for people in government and people in business and another law for people like me," she told ITV News.
Comment: Will the Deputy PM ensure that:
- henceforth no public parasitic Labour MPs or Ministers plunder the public purse with purile perversity like piranhas
- he sends out contrite and unequivocal apology to all Council Tax payers especilaly to those who were summoned to courts, charged additionally for court costs and bailiffs costs for recovery and even jailed for meagre non-payments like Syvia Hardy.
- those with thus unreasonably blemished credit ratings be reinstated as credit worthy citizens with due compenstions for wrongful character assassination.
- those who lost their lives following induced heart attacks by the Council Tax recovery sharks ought to be given posthumous pardons and their bereaved families fully compensated for the quite unnecessary grief enforced upon them.
- he personally compensates all of 411 local authorities for the extra costs incurred in collecting his levied Coucil Tax
- he resigns from his post forthwith after that and starts a charity helping all facing Council Tax poverty especilaly pensioners like Sylvia Hardy especially since his Government is given to "Make unpaid community work being done by offenders "visible" to others to increase credibility of community sentences, via the existing Community Payback scheme."
- like I say and do – the Govt has to be the change it wants in its Country. Charity ought to begin at home.