India’s secularism has discriminated and is discriminating against the Indic Dharma viz Hindu, Buddhist, Jain and Sikh.
We were demonstrating because it is not acceptable
- to see half million Kashmiri Hindus displaced from their birth rights and birth place
- to see terrorists who bombed Bangalore, Ahmedabad and other Indian cities go unpunished
- to see the Indian Govt remain silent on the plight of Malaysian Hindus who have no citizenship, social, economic, educational, religious and civic rights even after several generations have been born there.
- to see the Indian Govt not decisively and incisively deal with Hindus’ right to religious access to Amarnath and other shrines [situated in Pakistan due to separated from India during the indecently hurried and mismanaged partition by the British in August 1947]
- to see the Indian secularism [for the greed of the block Indian Muslim vote] skewed against the inherent interest of the Hindu majority
Comment: Whatever the mudslinging preceding the election, I am very glad that from Mrs Vijayalaxmi Pandit, first Indian female Ambassador and Politician, Mrs Indira Gandhi First Female Prime Minister, now India has first female President to be proud of in the exemplary equality stakes.
I hope she proves to be an exemplary president championing equality issues in all spheres especially female participation and representation in all fields.
27 July 2007: http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/south_asia/6919862.stm
This is one of the issues which I hope the first female president and champion will get to grips to address. The re-training and rehabilitation and gainful utilisation of previously socially, economically, environmentally and culturally
fettered widows is and ought to be one’s dharma – social, statutory, ethical, moral and religious duty.
Comment: Its about time that both USA & France exemplified equality besides Saudi Arabia that I have already mentioned quite some months ago.
Nancy Pelosi is one of the Democratic Party’s best fund-raisers
Comment: Well I am so glad that the first ever woman speaker (not that they have had any trouble speaking even at most inconvenient of times) is in place especially in that forsaken country. It is a turning point which I presume will culminate in the first female (and more sensible and sophrocyne) president of the United States of America. But I do not think that many would wish to see the Clinton clan return. Both were responsible for embarassing debacles. Both must be incarcerated.
Poppies were placed in Trafalgar Square to mark Armistice Day
The Queen led the ceremony by laying the first wreath 12/11/06
Thousands joined the ceremony to remember the fallen
Comment: The war dead also include the single largest sacrifice by any nation – 2 million in all Indian Soldiers who gave their lives in the WWII which may otherwise quite certainly have had a different outcome.
In the name of equality and diversity I must say that I am glad that the perpetrators the current racist murder are brought to justice. But In the same way it is also incumbent upon the authorities especially the Police to ensure that they are equally swift and even handed when the racism is against the BME Communities.
11 Nov 2006 Tougher race hate laws considered : Ministers are considering whether race hate laws should be revised after BNP leader Nick Griffin was cleared of charges relating to speeches he made.