Separating the legislative and the executive – with British Cabinet chosen by the PM but not sitting in Parliament
* In line with my Independent Parliamentary Candidacy in May 2005 on the platform of Equality, Diversity, Social Inclusion and Social and Political Justice I would further fight for:
* Making both the European and British Parliament truly representative of the very diversity that elects it.
* Directly elected House of Lords …to make both houses fully accountable.
* Directly elected Prime Minister but with proper regard to the British
funding constraints and indirectly implied obligations and undue
influence akin to the American model.
* Change in our electoral system in line with European model based on PR [Proportional Representation] or other more equal and representative system
* Separating the legislative and the executive – with British Cabinet
chosen by the PM but not sitting in Parliament. This way the whips
will be eradicated and the House of Commons can properly begin to
scrutinise the House of Lords and holding the Government to account for
you – the people.